Monday, May 20, 2024

Festivities and fitness: How to still eat for hockey success

This month, our nutrition expert is here to guide you through the festive period, showing how to eat for hockey success whilst enjoying the festivities 

First up… The ‘80/20 Rule’ 

The ‘80/20 Rule’, what even is it and why should you implement it during the holidays?  

Well, even as athletes you are allowed to indulged in the ‘not-so-good-for-you’ foods every now and then. The best way to keep this controlled and avoid a festive ‘binge’, is to follow an 80/20 rule each day. This means, across the day 80% of the time you eat and drink to improve your hockey performance and recovery. Then the remaining 20% of the day you can eat those festive treats that wouldn’t usually fit within your nutrition plan.  

Continue reading...

Unlock our ad-free, premium content and get use of our subscriber-only app. Use coupon 3FOR1 to get 3 months for only £1!

Already a subscriber to our website? Login

Do you have a feature or story idea? Get in touch!

Subscribe AD FREE to our premium coverage
Don’t miss our coverage on 3G threats
READ our unrivalled Masters coverage here
Stay in the know with our Safety in Hockey

Total Hockey

spot_img

Most Popular

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More from Author

Hockey Matters: How to improve with hydration and sleep

Hydration and sleep are both key foundations for health and wellness....

Hockey Matters: Why fad diets don’t work

We all see new diets and trends flashing up in the...

The importance of dietary fats for hockey players

Many athletes focus on and prioritise protein and carbohydrates in their...

Hockey Matters: Why protein matters

Protein is one of the three main macronutrients that the human...

- A word from our sponsors -

spot_img