Friday, May 17, 2024

Guardians implode in stunning fashion in 10-9 extra-inning loss to Mets

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Caceres
    Participant

I do not wish to cover this game. I don’t intend to discuss how the Cleveland Guardians opened a 5-0 lead versus New york city Mets beginning bottle Carlos Carrasco, making his first career beginning versus his previous club. I don’t desire to compose concerning exactly how the Mets had the ability to identify Cleveland beginning bottle Cal Quantrill for 3 runs before he made his leave in the 6th inning, cutting the cause 5-3. I do not desire to create about exactly how the Guardians packed the bases without outs in the 7th inning and virtually left empty-handed many thanks to an untenable baserunning gaffe by Will Brennan, prior to Josh Naylor provided a two-out RBI solitary to expand their result in 7-3 Jose Quintana Jersey. I certainly do not intend to blog about exactly how Sam Hentges loaded the bases with no outs in the 7th inning and triggered manager Terry Francona to bring in James Karinchak to deal with Pete Alonso, that supplied a game-tying conquest to bring the fans at Citi Field to their feet. I don’t desire to blog about how Gabriel Arias, that entered into the game in the seventh inning as a pinch jogger for Josh Bell, homered for the second straight game, lining a go-ahead two-run contrary area homer in the tenth inning to offer the Guardians a 9-7 lead. And I can not think of anything I ‘d much less like to create about than Emmanuel Clase blowing yet one more conserve in the tenth inning, initial quiting an RBI single to Brett Baty, then a two-out RBI single Francisco Alvarez to tie the video game, an infield solitary to Brandon Nimmo, and a game-winning RBI single to Francisco Lindor to send out the Mets to a walk-off win. I do not desire to blog about the worst loss of the period for the Guardians. I don’t wish to blog about just how this is rock bottom for this team, due to the fact that I’ve stated that way too many times already this period only to be confirmed wrong. I don’t even intend to think of this group any even more than I already have tonight.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.