Old Georgians and Oxted will meet at St George’s College on Sunday, reprising memories of their madcap 16-goal encounter last season in the Men’s Premier Division.
In an incredible match, Oxted were 5-4 to the good last October before Old Georgians prevailed 10-6. It was the highest scoring match in the top flight for 13 years.
Both sides were involved in high scoring matches last weekend – OGs beating Hampstead & Westminster 5-0 while Oxted were involved in a 4-4 draw – while the hosts have only conceded four times in seven matches thus far this season.
Brooklands MU and Durham University face two crunch away matches in their bid to reach the top six before the Christmas break.
Durham are set for an away trip to Hampstead & Westminster and Brooklands MU on the road at Wimbledon.
Beeston also need to win their remaining matches to stay in the hunt for a top six berth and also face an away matchday at Holcombe on Sunday.
In the Vitality Women’s Premier Division Clifton Robinsons will make history when they play their 500th top flight encounter.
Having only dropped out of the top flight once since 1989, Clifton lead the way across the genders when it comes to playing Premier Division games and their longevity should be applauded.
Clifton will aim to rubber stamp their top six place against Beeston, who also need a win to keep up their bid. James Sordillo’s side head a tightly-packed mid table on another key weekend in the top flight.
University of Birmingham, who sit one point behind Beeston, entertain East Grinstead, having lost three of their last five matches.
Meanwhile, leaders Hampstead & Westminster, assured of a top six berth, host Swansea, who have endured a tough start to the season so far.
SATURDAY – WOMEN’S PREMIER DIVISION
- Beeston v Clifton Robinsons – 14:00
- Hampstead & Westminster v Swansea – 14:00
- Surbiton v Loughborough Students – 15:00
- University of Birmingham v East Grinstead – 14:30
- Wimbledon v Buckingham – 16:00
MEN’S PREMIER DIVISION – SAT & SUN
- Surbiton v Hampstead & Westminster – 17:00 (Sat 13 Nov)
- Wimbledon v Brooklands MU – 18:30 (Sat 13 Nov)
- Hampstead & Westminster v University of Durham – 14:30
- Holcombe v Beeston – 14:00
- Old Georgians v Oxted – 13:00
- University of Exeter v East Grinstead – 14:00