Women’s semi-finals day at a glance
- Dixon aims to spoil the Dutch party
- Hockeyroos end the American dream
- England secure a cheerless 11th place
- Men’s results and schedule
- Women’s results and schedule
- Men’s tables
- Women’s tables
- Relive the day on our liveblog including social media action and video highlights
- See more great pictures at hockeyimages.co.uk
South Africa 6 Malaysia 2 (11/12 game)
England 1 Belgium 1 (England win shootout 2-1)
USA 2 Australia 2 (Australia win shootout 3-1)
Netherlands 4 Argentina 0
Australia and Netherlands will play in Saturday’s women’s hockey World Cup final. Australia made their way through with a shootout win over the USA. Netherlands cruised past Argentina – and a clearly injured Luciana Aymar – hitting four unanswered goals.
Xan de Waard started the party in the 10th minute. Maartje Paumen stroked home a PC in the 16th while the retiring Kim Lammers netted open play goals in the 22nd and 70th.
Las Leonas barely got into gear. Aymar played little pitch time and was clearly hampered by a tightly bound right hamstring.