[img_assist|nid=1925|title=|desc=|link=url|url=http://www.northernsportsawards.co.uk/|align=left|width=77|height=100]The closing date for entries for the inaugral MBNA Northern Sports Awards has been extended to April 28.
The awards are free to enter and the following categories will be judged by an independent judging panel.
1. Best Community Programme (Sponsored by The Community Foundation)
2. Best Grass Roots club/scheme
3. Best Grassroots Sports Coach
4. Best Northern Sports Journalist (Sponsored by Bird Consultancy)
5. Best Sports Sponsorship of the Year
6. Best Sports Marketing & Communications Campaign
7. Best Digital Marketing Campaign
8. Best Sports Related Website
9. Best New Sports Technology
10. Best Business Services to Sport Award
11. Best Professional Services to Sport Award
12. Unsung Hero
13. Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by Sports Tours International)
The awards presentation will be held on July 4 at The Point, Lancashire County Cricket Club.
The above categories will be judged by a judging panel, which includes:
There will be a public vote on the following categories from a shortlist drawn up by a panel of sports journalists from across the North.
1. Sportsman of the Year
2. Sportswoman of the Year
3. Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability
4. Breakthrough/Newcomer of the Year
5. Team of the Year
6. Sports Manager/Coach of the Year?
For more on how to enter see http://www.northernsportsawards.co.uk/